About Dr. Meaghan Tenney
Dr. Tenney specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of women with gynecologic cancers and pre-invasive diseases of the lower genital tract. She also has expertise in minimally invasive surgery with morbidly obese and medically complicated patients.
She is a member of several professional organizations and societies, and has been widely published in leading medical journals.
Dr. Tenney also spent two years serving in AmeriCorps, the “Domestic Peace Corps”.
Dr. Tenney practices out of our Atlanta and Cumming locations and provides surgical services at Northside Hospital Atlanta and Northside Hospital Forsyth.
Education & Training
- Medical Degree, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Certifications & Memberships
- Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diplomate, Gynecologic Oncology Subspecialty, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member, Western Association of Gynecologic Oncologists
Previous Professional Distinctions
- Assistant Professor, University of Chicago
- Chair of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago
- Principal Investigator, Gynecologic Oncology, NRG and the GOG Foundation, Inc./GOG Partners
- Rare gynecological tumors
- Complex surgery for gynecologic malignancies
- Sentinel lymph node dissection
- Robotic/minimally invasive surgery for cervical & endometrial cancer
- Chemotherapy clinical trials
- Pre-invasive diseases/dysplasia of the cervix, vagina and vulva
- Uterine cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Palliative care
- Clinical pathway for enhanced recovery in gynecologic and gynecologic oncology patients, undergoing minimally invasive surgery
- Evaluating the role of extended prophylactic anticoagulation in patients undergoing minimally invasive surgery for gynecologic malignancies
Northside Hospital Provider Details
View Dr. Meaghan Tenney's provider profile in the Northside Hospital Provider Directory